There is going to be one, in terms of the competition calender, whether or not it ever arrives in terms of the weather ! And Easter is probably a good time for everyone to have a little think about what their priorities are going to be.
Do you have any target races? I know some people have. Possibilities might be :
- National 20k, 28 April
- European Veterans 10k/20k/30k championships, 24-26 May
- Oxfordshire championships, probably early June
- National 10k (probably also the Inter-Counties race), probably 20 July
- National 50k, 28 July
- National 100M, 3-4 August
- World Transplant Games, early August
- British Masters 10k, 8 September
- World Masters 5000m/10k/20k, 16-27 October
Or you might just want to train steadily and do races as they come along.
If you have any injuries, and your target races are towards the end of the summer, now might be a good time to focus on getting them treated. Again, if your target races are towards the end of the summer, now would be a good time to take an active rest period if you need one. And just after your target races might be a good time to plan family holidays and the like, if you can.
Let me know, or confirm to me, what your priorities are, and we can try to adjust the training programme (or give you your own training programme) to ensure you’re at your best.