Please read the disclaimer.
The 2000m time trial will become a regular feature of our sessions. With nearby races few and far between once the main Vets League season has ended, it gives a regular opportunity for a race-like environment. You can test your fitness, try different race strategies, try different warmup routines, get feedback on your racing technique. And of course, compete with your training partners !
The session will start at the normal time of 6:45. Track fee will have to be paid. From 6:45 to 7:45 is an extended warmup for the race, including walking at warmup speeds, easy drills for mobilisation and co-ordination, and some short sharp sprints. When the track clears as it usually does around 7:45, we will stage a 5-lap race. This will be informally judged, and (with luck) will be video’ed. After the race, and the warmdown, we will have a few words from our resident judge, and possibly review video.
To get the best from this session :
– no exercising to exhaustion in the 48 hours before – no race, and no hard running / walking / cycling / swimming sessions
– bring race clothing for the actual race, i.e. vest, shorts, racing shoes, sports watch if you have one.
– arrive in time for the full extended warmup, i.e. at 6:45.
– for the first time trial, go with the suggested warmup. There will be opportunities to try different warmup plans in future.
– come with some sort of plan for the race, e.g. to achieve a time; to keep up with someone; to reach halfway in a certain time and then see what happens; to do the first 100m in no less than x seconds ; or whatever other plan you feel comfortable with.
Did you read the disclaimer ?